From Mappler:

Founded in 1936, the Tuxedo Club purchased a three-story building at 63 Bank Street where the club had a lounge and meeting rooms. The Tuxedo Club served as a meeting place for social and political purposes, and many of the city’s respected African American citizens were members.  An associated ladies’ group, the Tuxedorettes, was also formed. In 1960 new headquarters were constructed on Old Rose Street where the club operated into the 1990s.